Professor Rachelle Alterman
Urban Planning and Law
*Founding President and Honorary Fellow, the International
Academic Association on Planning, Law and Property Rights
*Co-Founder, Platform of Experts in Planning Law
Faculty of Architecture and Town Planning
Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
|Project Head and Coordinator of EU-funded Mare Nostrum Project – details here.|
|May 2015 – Awarded Liverpool University Press Certificate of Recognition for excellence in the role of reviewer for Town Planning Review journal. Click for more.|
|May 2014 – Selected as one of 16 key thinkers in planning thought, in project: Encounters in Planning Thought. Includes book and lecture series.
|July 2012 – Awarded the highest honor of AESOP (Association of European Schools of Planning) – an Honorary Membership. Click here to read more. Click here for videos of my reflections at AESOP’s 25th Anniversary Assembly.|
Fields of research:
– Comparative Planning Law and Land Use Regulation
– Comparative Land Policy and Property Rights
– Housing policy
– Planning Theory and Method
– Implementation of Public Policy
* Recipient of the Landau Prize in Academic Excellence (national prize) in the category of Urban Studies – 2008.
* Recipient of the Israel Planners’ Association’s highest honor on March 8, 2007. Read Haaretz newspaper’s coverage of the event (in Hebrew) here.
Selected newspaper clippings in English* (for more see Media):
– “Are residential high rises the solution to Israel’s housing shortage?” Ha’aretz, February 2013
– “How Green was their Valley” Ha’aretz, January 2012
– “The fast track to high-density building rights”, Ha’aretz, July 2008
– “High on Life”, Ha’aretz, June 2008
– “A Puzzle Within an Enigma”, Ha’aretz, 2007
* Scores of newspaper articles have been featured in Hebrew-only newspapers and these papers occasionally also translate to English.
|Telephone||Direct: +972-4-8294037. Cell: +972-50-5292917:|
|Home tel & fax||Home tel: +972-9-8991455; fax +972-9-8991477|